This recipe, perfect for a ketogenic diet plan, is simple to make. Even a novice chef can probably pull this off in 30 minutes.
The chicken packs a flavorful spice punch that is carried well by the cream sauce. The zucchini noodles are an awesome part of the dish and can be cooked right in the sauce like spaghetti.
Here’s how to get it done.
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1.25 pounds (8 pieces) chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1.25 pounds spiralized zucchini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Optional: garnish with fresh chopped parlsey
- In a bowl combine the smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, dried basil, and some salt and pepper to taste.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl place your chicken tenderloins then add the tablespoon of olive oil and seasoning mix. Mix together well.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. Use medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenderloins and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side. The chicken should reach 165°F. Once they are done set them aside on a plate. I usually cook these in two batches.
- Cook the spiral zucchini and season with salt and pepper. You can saute in another pan or cook in the microwave. Drain any excess water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet that you cooked the chicken in.
- Whisk in the cup of cream. The whisk and cream should lift up the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Whisk in the xanthan gum and the sauce will thicken up. Taste to check the seasoning and add additional salt or pepper as needed.
- Serve with the zucchini and chicken. You can layer as it is shown here, or toss with the zoodles and serve the chicken on top.
If you’re not a big zucchini fan, you can cook strips of peppers and some mushrooms right in the sauce instead. Use about a cup of sliced mushrooms and a cup and a half of sliced pepper strips.