Shrimp…honey garlic sauce…crispy bacon.
You had me at shrimp and bacon!
These are much easier to make then they look and perfect party food!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp (Prawns):
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Salt to season
- 1lb size 16-20 shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 14 slices of bacon
- 3 large ripe avocados, mashed
- 8 grape or cherry tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3 shallots (or scallions), peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 to 1 Jalapeno Pepper (depending on your love of spicy!)
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (adjust to your taste)
- salt and pepper to season
Preheat oven to grill (or broil settings) on medium-high heat, with rack on the top third half of the oven (just above half way).
Combine sauces, honey, juice, garlic, oil and ginger in a shallow bowl. Season with salt (if needed); add the shrimp and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, cut bacon slices in half lengthwise. Wrap one bacon slice around each shrimp and repeat until all done. Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a lined baking tray/sheet. Grill/broil for 10 minutes until bacon is crispy and sizzling. Turn and grill/broil for a further 5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
While shrimp are grilling, prepare your guacamole. Combine all guacamole ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
Serve the shrimp with the guacamole
As always, Keep the faith and keep after it!
Original recipe source: https://cafedelites.com/bacon-wrapped-barbecue-honey-garlic-prawns-shrimp/