I love chili. I mean, who doesn’t?
Yes, I get it. For a lot of people, chili is like soup. It’s something we make and eat during the cold winter months, but that goes away when the weather warms and the grills come out again.
But if you’re eating on a ketogenic meal plan, chili should really be a year round staple. Spicy, delicious and easy to reheat in the microwave, it’s a go-to for lots of keto eaters.
This particular chili is hearty, rich and has an adjustable spice level that lets even timid chili eaters enjoy it!
Here’s the nutritional breakdown: each serving has 398 calories, 17.8 grams of fat, 5.3 grams of net carbohydrates and 51.8 grams of protein (great for keto athletes!)
Here’s the ingredient list:
- 2 lbs. Stew Meat (I’ve made this using just ground beef and it turns out beautiful!)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1/3 Cup Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 3?10 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cumin
- 2 tsp. Red Boat Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Optional: If you like a more watery chili, add 1 Cup Coffee.
Here’s how to get it done:
- Cube half stew meat into small cubes, and process the other half in a food processor into ground beef. I’ve used all ground beef and this has turned out beautiful!
- Chop pepper and onion into small pieces.
- Combine all spices together to make sauce.
- Saute cubed beef in a pan until browned, transfer to a slow cooker. Do the same with the ground beef.
- Saute vegetables in the remaining fat in the pan until onions are translucent.
- Add everything to the slow cooker and mix together.
- Simmer for 2 1/2 hours on high, then simmer for 20-30 minutes without the top.
Source – http://www.ruled.me